Scientific name: Pahllus Indusiatus
Common name: bamboo fungus, bamboo pith, veiled lady
Common Chinese name: 竹笙
What is the bamboo fungus?
- Bamboo fungus is a mushroom which grow on bamboo plants.
- The color ranges from off-white to pale brown. When dried, it resembles miniature loofah sponges.
- It contains essential amino acids and multiple vitamins that considered the most medical valued food.
What are the health benefits?
- Bamboo fungus is high in protein, low fat, and has 8 kinds of amino acids that human body needs
- It is good for eyes and lung
- It could help lose weight, reduce blood pressure and cholesterol level and prevent cancer.
- Dried bamboo fungus should be stored in a dry, cool place.
- Before cooking, the bamboo fungus should be soaked in lightly salted water for 20 minutes. Squeeze out all moisture before using. For better texture, boil the fungus for no more than 1 minute, then dip it into the cold water before cooking.
- Fish maw abalone soup
- Mushroom fungus soup
* Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone currently under medication should consult their physician before taking any health supplements.